Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Happiness- Chris Sexton



My layout for ARTastic's July challenge, using black and white plus one other predominant colour, uses a photo of my niece and her gorgeous daughter.

The background paper was mostly black, with floral highlights in varying tones of pink, which was perfect for my photo. I added some white using a stencil and paint, then used some scraps of other black and white paper I had to add some layers beneath the photo.



The pink paper beneath the black perfectly matched the darker flowers so I cut a strip from the centre of it to create a banner and to punch a flower for my embellishment cluster. I punched a section from the top and bottom of the black to allow the pink to show through, then added pink rhinestones to the centre of each punched flower. I added a cute little crocheted doily, a white paper doily and a journalling tag plus a little butterfly which I fussy cut from another tag, which I added Glossy Accents and rhinestones to. I love that the black background paper had a touch of blue and green in the corners. I think the contrast creates more interest.
 Thanks for the inspiration. It was great to see the amazingly diverse interpretations people came up with.
Cheers, Chris.

5 comments:

  1. This is so dainty and delicate - a truly delightful page Chris. Thank you for joining in with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes black and white can be harsh but you have softened it and created a delightful layout Chris.Love all the bits of stencilling and embellishing you have added to create a personal piece that is great. Thank you for joining us at ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Great photo and love the shots of pink! Very girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo, Chris, it's a delightful shot. The stencilling, punching and embellishments go perfectly with your photo, adding layers of texture and interest. A very pretty and feminine layout. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page with a lovely photo. Thanks for joining in at ARTastic =)

    ReplyDelete