Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mr Fixit - Chris Sexton

 My husband Geoff is a recycling champion in our household. Almost every room in our house has pieces of restored furniture that are the result of his handiwork. His workshop is full of bits and pieces that have been salvaged from the local recycling centre that he has altered or redesigned to fit a particular purpose. Because of this I thought he was the perfect subject for my layout for the June ARTastic challenge using recycled items. It was great fun raiding the cupboards and drawers in his workshop to find the things I could use to complement the photo.


 I used an old Bristol Paints colour card and some corrugated card from a packing box for my background. The cogs were die cut from pieces of used sandpaper (which I also used as masks and stencils). I found old metal washers, screws and nails and bits of wire, a wooden hole plug, as well as a much used ruler and pencil which I used as embellishments. Even my journalling tag was cut from the colour card and covered with a scrap of left over paper.
The two things on the layout that weren't pilfered from Geoff's workshop were the piece of brown paper beneath the photo, which was cut from packaging that came with some pyjamas I bought recently and the title letters, which I cut from the local newspaper.
The only scrapbooking supplies I used were paint, ink, spray mists and brads. I've created a layout that is very different to my usual style but I'm pretty pleased with the result.

As I don't have my own blog, I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all the lovely people who regularly comment on my challenge efforts. I was blown away by the comments I received for the May challenge and was amazed that I'd come up with some masking/stencilling ideas that others hadn't thought of and were inspired to try.Those comments gave me a great confidence boost.
I'd like to thank Tone-Lill for donating the prize I won and for voting for me. I'd also like to thank Julie at "Time to Create" for allowing me to use her site "Time to Create B Challenged." Without her generosity I wouldn't be able to submit my layouts.
I look forward to the next challenge.
                                                      Cheers, Chris.



6 comments:

  1. What a fab photo Chris, & a terrific page using all the recycling criteria. Love your colour card as the background, & that paint running down the paper..love it!
    Thank you for playing along at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piece Chris and I know you worried about it is superb!I am sure it shows in a picture and a few words how proud you are of the creations Geoff repurposes.
    All the little bits and pieces you added to the layout make it very special and unique in its charm.
    It is my pleasure to help you and see you grow both ARTastically and technologically. Go the emails.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very clever Chris - your recycled elements add so much to your story of your ultra handy Mr Fix It. Well done, it's a wonderful page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great page Chris. I love how you raided your husbands shed for this page and made it about him, that is true scrapbooking :-). I also like how you used all the elements and how the photo is the focus point. Thank you for joining in our ARTastic challenge again and I'm glad you enjoyed the last one. Hope to see many more of your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea!! Thanks for playing along at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work chris, I love how you used washers on your page. Fab title too! thanks for joining us this month at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete