Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Captured Moments - Chris Sexton


The ARTastic Challenge for October was to use a vintage photo and/or do a vintage layout. I absolutely love doing vintage and had an adorable hand-tinted, vintage studio portrait of my mum,aged 2 and her older sister, aged 5 (now aged 90 and 93 respectively) that I've wanted to scrap for ages. I took inspiration from the 1903 artwork of R. Godfrey Rivers of a couple "taking tea" under a beautiful jacaranda tree, and included jacaranda blue in my layout.



The papers I used were from a 7 gypsies variety pack called "Savannah" and co-ordinated really well with the colours in my photo and the vintage theme.
I used Ranger Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Faded Jeans, plus Momento Dye Ink in Rhubarb Stalk to colour and age the book page, the old doily, the wooden frame and the butterflies. I also added Ranger Crackle Accents to the frame for an aged look.


I love using flowers on my layouts and have a huge collection so I had fun going through it to find just the right ones, although I had to spray the small roses with Glimmer Mist Moonlight to get the colour I wanted.
I embossed the chipboard title with about 3 different coloured embossing powders before I was happy with the result.
I'm really pleased with the finished layout and my mum thought it was fantastic. Hope you like it too.
Thanks,ARTastic for the ongoing inspiration. I love viewing the Design Team's efforts as well as the Challenge entries to see how wide and varied the interpretations are. You all continue to motivate me to stretch myself and use new techniques. Thanks also to those who leave comments.
Cheers, Chris.

9 comments:

  1. That is such an adorable and precious photo. I love the use of the doily and the wooden frame looks amazing. A fabulous page. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunningly gorgeous Chris - you should be super proud of this amazing page. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us on ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout Chris. The photo is just gorgeous and the Jacaranda blue works perfectly with it. Thank you for joining us at ARTastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful photo. Was it hand coloured in? I love the circle frame you used, absolutely gorgeous, and how that centres everything around your photo. Wonderful page, thank you for joining in with us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should think you WOULD be pleased with this one----it's not only a fabulous take on our ARTastic inspiration, but a simply sublime vintage page.....ROCKED it!!! And that little cluster of flowers? Gorgeous in their eclectic mix:):) So glad you shared with us this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are amazing! They work so well with the photo and all the embellishments! Great layout!!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at ARTastic this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic and gorgeous vintage page with so many lovely details and photo. Thank you for playing with us at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful page. The circle frame works so well with your vintage photo and background paper, as do your added elements of flowers and lace. Thank you for playing with us at ARTastic. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning layout to showcase an adorable photo. Congrats on the win at ARTastic. Is that Scrapmatts chipboard? If so, you should share the layout on their Ning site: http://scrapmatts.ning.com

    ReplyDelete