Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Precious Moments - Chris Sexton



Hi, everyone. I've been following the Pixels and Paper Challenge site for a while and I finally decided to enter a layout. I loved May's inspiration photo of ladies in white dancing in a field round a maypole. It reminded me of my wedding day, as we had our photos taken in a local park among the trees and flowers. Our photographer snapped away as we fooled around and one of my favourite photos is of my husband and I dancing together, laughing our heads off and having so much fun. The light was fading and the photo quality isn't great but I love the feelings it stirs in me. We were so in love and beyond happy that day.







 I have created a monochrome layout as I wanted to keep the colours simple and stick with a green and white theme to reflect the location of the photo shoot. The lace border portrays the lace edging on my dress, and the white embossed cardstock reminds me of my dress fabric, which had a small sprig embossed into it.
  This park had a special wooden entrance and a timber fence, so I chose chipboard pieces , which I finished with white Glossy Accents, to represent this.






I found some gorgeous pattern paper by Basic Grey that I've had a number of years, which made a perfect background. All I had to do was stamp some foliage in a darker green behind the fence.





I finished off with some green ribbon vine, pearl flourishes, flower sprigs and rosebuds, plus a LOVE tile embellishment.


I'm really happy with the result. I hope you like it too.
Cheers,
            Chris.

3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Chris - what a stunning page! This is truly fabulous - all those pearls and the gorgeous lace. Just beautiful - thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous layout Chris. All of the elements came together perfectly and I loved the shadowy stamping behind the fence. Thank you for playing at P & P. I hope to see your art work here again. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to remember your special day. It is memories like this one that allow us to just remember the good times. You have created and captured a memory you will treasure forever. Thank you so much for sharing your process. Hugs. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete